Friday, July 15, 2011

Psalm 101:2

I will be CAREFUL to lead a BLAMELESS life – when will you come to me?  I will walk in my house with a blameless heart.” – Psalm 101:2 (emphasis mine)

 

How often am I really CAREFUL to be BLAMELESS? 

 

It seems that, most of the time, I am careLESS.  I go through my day caring for and loving my family, taking care of the housework, preparing meals, trying to stay in touch with friends, etc.  In doing so, I am rarely careful about the way I do things.  I do not carefully weigh my tone of voice when I ask my husband to take out the trash.  I carelessly utter idle words when I get spaghetti sauce on my shirt.  I don’t carefully consider my topics of conversation when I talk to my girl friends.  I do not carefully judge my attitude when someone is rude at the grocery store.

 

Sometimes, I’m actually careful to be “okay” rather than blameless.  I am careful to say “crap” instead of a less desirable four-letter word.  I am careful to read a few verses before I fall asleep each night rather than being careful to set aside time to spend with the Lord so that He can mold me into what He wants me to be.

 

God wants me to be CAREFUL to be BLAMELESS! 

 

Lord, help me to be more diligent in my efforts to be like You.  I want to be careful.  I want to be blameless.  I know that you see my heart and hear my thoughts.  I know that my child is watching me and learning from me.  Help me to CAREFULLY consider my attitude, my thoughts, my topics of conversation, my tone of voice, my choice of words, my facial expressions, and my actions throughout my day.  I know I cannot do it without Your help, but I know that “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” (Phil 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment